Dubrovnik’s Highest Rise at 1234 m.
This program was created specially for people who enjoy nature and adventure, who love mountains & tracking, appreciating also the heritage of past times. Via an old path dating from the Austro-Hungarian Empire we reach the top of the Snjeznica Mountain at 1234 meters above sea level. We visit the mountain village of Kuna and take a look at the pits, caves, sinkholes, rocks, Illyrian ponds/pools encountering the phenomenon of this outstanding rocky area. What follows is a trip around the little village of Lovorno…
- 1st DAY – Arrival at Kameni Dvori
- 2nd Day – Snijeznica Mountain
- Last Day – Lovorno or visit Dubrovnik; Departure
1st DAY – Arrival at Kameni Dvori
Arrival at Kameni Dvori in the afternoon. Accommodation. (Should you arrive by plane at the Dubrovnik Airport, a transfer will be organized for you.) Welcome drink and tour around Kameni Dvori. Presentation of the program will be followed by dinner and overnight.
2nd DAY – Snijeznica Mountain
After breakfast, follows the transfer from the Kameni Dvori to the picturesque village of Kuna which is located at 680 meters above sea level. It counts a small number of inhabitants and offers interesting examples of original stone architecture. What follows are visits to the local farms and homes in order to experience an almost forgotten life-style, the tasting of homemade herbal tea (with hand-picked mountain herbs) and finally walking up to the mountain top (1234 meters above sea level) after visiting the prehistoric Illyrian ponds and the site of the Glogova jama (pit). The hiking uphill towards the top continues via a path which has been constructed in the time of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at the beginning of the 20th century. The path offers a beautiful view of Konavle, the Orijen massif in neighbouring Montenegro and the South Adriatic. After reaching the ”roof of Konavle” we usually organize a short break in order to take pictures and to prepare a mountain picnic-lunch. After lunch we return to the village of Kuna, followed by the transfer back to Kameni Dvori.
(Necessary equipment: hiking boots (or at least sports boots with more or less stiff soles), comfortable and light clothing for the protection from wind, sun and rain, as well as fluids/water (min. of 1 litre)/Total hiking: 5 hours/Total program lasts: 8 hours /Total ascent: 550 meters/Total descent: 550 meters/Total length of trail: approx. 8 km/Difficulty: medium)
Break in the afternoon followed by traditional dinner and overnight.
3rd DAY – Mini Time machine, Lovorno or visit Dubrovnik; Departure
After breakfast we take a short walk followed by a visit to Anne’s Chappell overlooking the rural complex Groti telling the story of the host’s family. Closer to the south, one can see the remains of a Roman aqueduct, a channel which used to supply with water the ancient Epidaurus (today known as Cavtat). From those days date also the remains of the villa rustic. Of great interest to visitors is also the site of St. Elijah’s (sv. Ilija), enriched through many stories from ancient times.
Let’s take a stroll down memory lane and let’s listen to interesting and intriguing stories.
(Necessary equipment: at least sports boots with more or less stiff soles, comfortable and light clothing /Entire program: 3 hours)
At the end of the trip we return back home.
Optionally Lunch can be prepared prior departure.
This program may be exchanged with a visit to Dubrovnik.
Please view further tabs for Additional Information, Validity, Notes and Recommendations!
- Included: 2 half boards at Kameni Dvori
- Picnic – lunch at Snijeznica
- Visit of local households (food and drinks, included)
- Transportation during the program and professional guidance
- PRICE: € 235
Additional costs: for single room: € 35, Transfer: Airport – Kameni Dvori v.v. € 13
- Min. number of participants: 5
- Max. number of participants: 11
- Note: This program can be reorganized depending on the wishes of the group, weather conditions and other unplanned developments. The hosts and partners will undertake every step to offer their guests diverse and secure adventures. All this means that the original program can be changed without previous notice in order to achieve a higher degree of comfort for the participants and to avoid possible risks which might be caused by unexpected weather conditions and other circumstances.
- Program is being offered from March 15th till June 15th and September 15th till November 15th
- (In case that the group counts more then 5 guests/participants, the starting date of program can be set up according to the group’s wishes.)
- Note: The program planned for this 3rd day, depending on time of arrival and departure is also possible to organize on the day of the arrival.
- You can also book your preferred Program directly by; Mobile:+385 98 913 4758, Mobile:+385 98 613 199
or by Fax: +385 20 797 056
Convince yourself in the quality of our services. View our guest Testimonials for both Accommodation and organised Tours.